Saturday, June 23, 2012

27 Weeks


There hasn't been to much excitement going on around our house the last couple weeks so I figured a post to sum them up would be fine. Plus I am don't think the frustration of watching the NBA finals is good for me :) (I was watching it while writing this). Its been fun watching the thunder but pros and college are so much different. I think I will stick to watching the College Sports...they are more fun!  While I am on the topic of sports I really wish I was living in OK this year. It would be nice to see a couple games but at the student price instead of the Alumni or O-Club Price. I think I will be pretty busy though, so don't think I would really get to any games anyways. I am totally ok with that!

So this post should really be about how BLESSED I am to have such amazing friends!!! Yes, I use that  word a lot lately (blessed) but I think it is appropriate. I think this cause I really do have a lot to be thankful for...even all the small things. My friends have been nothing short of remarkable. I don't think I will ever be able to thank them enough but I hope they know how much I appreciate them. I can't begin to list all the things they have done for me...thing like reminding me its ok to cry sometimes and that they are always a phone call away. Whether its reassuring me that I am loved and that I always have support or whether its taking me out of the house to make sure I am not a hermit (I am very good at that). Even looking at my registry to tell me what I am missing or giving me advice. I love them all! Its support and love from all over the US and its unbelivable. I am probably my worst critic. I over analyze everything and want to know every detail. I am sure that gets annoying...yet they are still there. Its amazing to me!!! So to all my AMAZING friends...I love you!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all you do!!!

Now away for non-mushy stuff...

So the dresser we have been working on..well I have some work in progress pictures. Actually we are really hoping to have it finished maybe by this weekend. I think we are both just getting anxious to get the nursery all put together. Some days I think, goodness I still have 3 months to go. Then other days I have the momentary freak out of Oh My Goodness!!!! I only have like 13 weeks!!! Its varies but most the time I still think its a ways to go.  I am counting week 27 as being in my Third Trimester...so I guess I am 2/3 through the pregnancy.Back to the dresser. I think Jeremy was doubting my color I picked. But we have the dresser/changing table painted and he kept saying he loved the color. I am thinking he is just not that great at visualizing what its going to look like. Thats ok... thats the fun part for me. Plus I still love him! So right now we are in the process of distressing the dresser. I think it looks ok so far but we will have to wait until it is finished to see what the final out come is and if its really looks ok.

What it looks like once Jeremy was done sanding! I think it looks great! 

Then I ruined it by adding a bright teal! Yes, its bright but I LOVE it! Don't worry when I add pictures of the distressed look it is not near as bright.

I am using sandpaper to distress it and make it look older

Jeremy working on staining the top and the legs

I also wanted to add a quick picture of the beautiful flowers we have been picking. I would say Dahlias are my favorite flowers but next in line would be Peonies! I love them! So we have one bush in the back and look at all the gorgeous flowers it has given us. Anyways I love them!



Lets see pregnancy wise I am hanging in there. I honestly feel like a Hippo. Jeremy tells me everyday that I do not resemble one. But still I feel that way. I am just trying to go with it and enjoy it. I feel actually really good so I can't really complain. I probably get asked that the most...how I am feeling. I am ok with that though. What else are really suppose to ask a pregnant chick...so I don't mind. I have gotten a few comments I have to try to just laugh off. The base Dr the other did inform me I was looking round...umm thanks! I guess! lol. Then the other night I hinted to Jeremy (I thought I did) that KFC potatoes sound amazing. He didn't get the hint. Apparently I am suppose to directly ask for what I want. Well he didn't have time to get any by the time I just asked so needless to say my go to food choice was mac n cheese. ( i realize these are both bad choices...never mind that)... well I guess that wasn't flying with Jeremy. He said that was to many carbs for me that close to bed time. What?!?! Dang it Jeremy I am hungry! So there I sat and ate my SALAD! At the time i wasn't happy, but now i really laugh about it. I did ask him 5 min before KFC closed. I also now think a salad was a MUCH better option and much healthier for me. At least he is looking out for me.

Also with this pregnancy I didn't think there was such a thing as Pregnancy Brain...I was wrong. I have been a quilting fool since I have been in MT. Well I was trying to work on a quilt and was actually motived to get something done...well I swore I broke my machine. So Jeremy took my machine in so I could get it fixed (I would have but its heavier than I am allowed to lift). This kind of put a damper in my production line. Needless to say there was nothing wrong with it. I didn't thread it correctly!!! I forgot how to even thread my own machine...I guess its back to square one for me!!! lol.

Saw the idea online but tried making my own pattern with some OSU fabric I have...it has a place to tie the side to a car seat so they won't kick the blanket off. I figured it was worth and try. 

Besides forgetting everything I am fortunate to only have to work half days at work now. I am not near as exhausted and feel so much better through out the day. I am so thankful for that. I didn't realize how exhausted I really was... I thought it was normal.  We don't have another Dr appt until July 2nd and then we are trying to get another 3D ultrasound done on 3 July. I am hoping Colton will let us see his cute face. We are so EXCITED to meet him! Needless to say I have had some very interesting dreams about him lately...including taking him horse back riding with me....car seat and all. I don't think that will work out to well. LOL! Its has been an interesting journey and besides everything that has been going on we are just trying to enjoy it and really enjoy each others company while we still can. I would be lying if I said I didn't have some bad days.  Last week was one of my worst. I made it the 4 hours I was at work without crying and made it to the car and just bawled the entire way home and just held Jeremy when I got home. I can't explain how much I will miss him. I can't explain in words how much he means to me and how hard it is having my best friend being away. Just the thought is not fun to me. Maybe I am a drama queen or just a cry baby but it never gets easier saying good bye and I hate it. Nothing is official yet, so I will keep you updated if I hear anything. It looks like he might be able to stay for the birth but not much longer...keep saying my prayers though!


Since our little water loving Black Lab tries to swim in her water bowl we bought her a small pool.  Sage thought it was a big water bowl at first and just drank the water. Needless to say Tally LOVES it! Never met a dog that loves to play in the water so much. 

This little stinker had a little to much fun the backyard today...he decided we needed a new hole dug in the backyard! Dusty!!! Maybe it was his way of telling us he wanted a bath or we didn't turn the TV on enough for him today.





How Far Along: 27 weeks - I got asked twice today when I was due so I am definitely sporting the baby bump now.  Jeremy told me not to long ago I was going to get 4 times as big...not to be mean or make this sound bad in anyway, but I hope not. Its not easy not being able to work out...so still a possibility! lol 

Total Weight Gain: Around 16 lbs still...think i am suppose to gain a pound a week from here on out. We will see! 

Maternity Clothes: Cant still wear a lot of my regular shirts just sporting maternity Jeans. 

Sleep: Shortened hour at work means this girl gets to sleep in...I feel like I have so much more energy. 

Best Moment this Week: Spending time with Jeremy. Pretty sure I passed my glucose test too so that makes me feel great too. 

Miss Anything: Still the working out thing...being able to ride horses or basically do any sport. Its all worth it though and totally ok.  

Movement: Mostly moves during the day and hasn't really woken me up at night. Lets pray it stays that way. As soon as I wake up he starts kicking at my sides...like he is sideways. Who knows what he is doing.  

Food Cravings: Obviously KFC potatoes...not much else. Love cheese still!

Gender: Boy! 

Wedding rings on or off: Still on

Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery done and even though the Baby Shower is still a few weeks away I am still excited to see friends and family. 


Not much else going on in Montana! I am loving the weather and wish I was able to just enjoy it a little more. Think I might try to go do some fly fishing or something (that doesn't require me to be on a boat). Thanks again for everyone who has been checking in and keeping us in your prayers.  We really appreciate it! Well I hope to have another update for you next week...take care until then.
post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you and so happy to hear things are going well! I am also happy that Jeremy will be there at least for the birth!!! Keep hanging in there and I want more belly pictures :) -Jessica

ascopa28 said...

Love how everything is coming together! I will come over this week and check out the crib mattress. Also we love you too!!

~Amanda Scopa