Saturday, July 7, 2012

29 Weeks

So blessed to have made it 2 more weeks! God is good!

Well I have to apologize ahead of time this might the most disorganized post yet to date. I have some random picture that do not really go with each other. I figured I would post them anyways and you can sort through the post then. Sorry :(

So this last week we finally finished our dresser/changing table.
So here is the finish product!!! I LOVE it and think it turned out just how I wanted. I think Jeremy is pretty proud of his handy work too. He keeps showing everyone. Love that guy.  I am not sure why the bottom picture looks so different. The color in the first picture is more true. We decided to stain the top so it would match the crib. We also found the handles at the re-use it shop and spray painted them.  It may not be everyones taste but thats ok.



I also entertained myself by making a quick quilt to try to make all the colors in the nursery come together. I love quilts and decided to just make one myself. I just have to finish the binding, but that is one of my least favorite parts. Probably because I am not good at doing it with a machine and usually do it by hand so it takes forever. Honestly I don't know some days how I have patience for sewing but I seem to manage.  I think the colors look weird in the picture but in person it actually looks good...trust me!



So when not working on either one of those projects we kept busy with doctors appointments, working at the Fireworks stand for work (Montana is like a war zone on the 4th...you have to see it to believe it), and just enjoying a few BBQ's.   We attempted to get a 3D ultrasound done this last week and Mr Colton wasn't the biggest fan.  It wasn't all his fault we couldn't get good picture. If you can see my placenta is blocking his face so we couldn't really see his face to well. He also decided to hang out with his hand by his face the entire time and also turn his back to the camera each time. Needless to say we didn't really get any picture. We did get this cute 2D one. I think he will look just like Jeremy and nothing like me. Just a feeling I have. Plus when we could see his face structure for a second or two I think he looks just like him.  Well at least they have the same nose...Jeremy may beg to differ. But that's my story and I am sticking to it.  We go back this week again to try the 3D picture but I think we will get the same results.


So here is an update on the flowers that Jeremy planted for me that I mentioned a little while back. Best husband ever! He said he wanted to be able to cut flowers all summer long and have fresh flowers on the table. They have started to bloom and they look awesome! Here is the first set of blooms.



So Friday I decided I needed to get out of Great Falls. I had no idea what I wanted to do but I wanted to get away for the day when I still could. We asked permission from the Dr and she said it was fine. So we went down to Butte, MT and went to the sapphire mines. It was actually a lot of fun and a great time out of the house. The sun was out and we were able to actually find some MT sapphires. Go figure I took pictures of everything except the actual treasures. We had them sent off to get cut so now I can't actually get a picture.
 Here are a few pictures of me cleaning off the gravel. I was really bad at this so this was mainly Jeremy's job.

 This is Jeremy flipping the clean gravel so then we can start searching for the sapphires.

 I love MT...really I do. I am not a big city person so this was a fun day off.


Here is Jeremy searching for the sapphires. They are usually in the middle on the top.

We had a blast! The staff was the friendliest you will ever meet and made it a really fun experience. Random story the lady helping us and telling us if we had any stones worth while has a daughter who's husband was in the military and was gone while she had her son. His name was Colton. I thought that was cool!!! Maybe I am the only one. She was the sweetest lady and really helped us figure out what to do with the sapphires we found. We had 4 stones that were worth even making into Jewelry and she said maybe worth almost 500 dollars. I was thinking in my head she was going to tell me they were worth 10 dollars. Obviously I am not making big money off of these but it was kid of about the fun experience and I can't wait to get them made into something. One was a really bright blue and another was a little over 2 carats  (of course Jeremy found both). It was not a huge find but for days worth of entertainment for 20 dollars I am not complaining. It was a blast!!!!


On the way home we decided to stop by the lake and grab a burger. It was recommended to us from one of the Firefighters Jeremy works with. He is from the area. The food was so good! If you ever go mining near butte stop in at 7 Gables. Its a local bar. I had to laugh though because this is how you know you are in MT. In the summer everyone drives 4wheelers. I mean down main street or anywhere you can think of. So it was no different at this bar.

Also at this bar they understand everyones love for Ranch Dressing! You don't even have to ask for it..it comes with the ketchup and the mustard as a basic. Why don't more restaurants jump on the bandwagon and do this. (it was in the fridge)

So not much else going on in the Wray household other than that. I am so excited for this week.  Monday Katie flies into MT, Tuesday we have another ultrasound and Thursday Heather and Amanda get into town with their kiddo's, Friday my parents are here and Saturday is the Baby Shower! I am so excited for this week!!! I hope to have lots of pictures to post...until then I am going to start cleaning up the house a little bit.




How Far Along: 29 weeks!!! I don't have another picture yet. I am in a couple of the ones posted above and they were just taken today so maybe you can tell from there. 

Total Weight Gain: We will just leave that out from here on out.lol

Maternity Clothes: I told Jeremy today I don't know what I am going to do when I have to wear regular jeans again. Its real nice not having to deal with zippers or buttons. He just laughed at me.

Sleep: Getting a little harder to roll over in bed but I still sleep pretty good. I joke with Jeremy sometimes that he should just push me out of bed.  

Best Moment this Week: Seeing Colton again and as always spending time with Jeremy. He makes me laugh all the time and love just spending time with him even if its just singing along to the radio in the car with him or working on the nursery. He has been taking really good care of me. 

Miss Anything: The usual but its all worth it and really not that far away. 

Movement: Totally feeling it. His feet are by my right ribs and he likes to poke at them. I am OK with that though. The movement feels different now...more prominent and fells like actually movement instead of just little pokes. Oh well!  My favorite part is when Jeremy is praying....he always moves around every night. I think that is so cool!! He likes Jeremys voice a lot better than mine...but he does hear me all the time. I just think its awesome! 

Food Cravings: No change! 

Gender: Boy! 

Wedding rings on or off: Still on for now but occasionally my hands swell up. 

Looking Forward To: This week!!! Seriously can't wait to see everyone! Little further in the future I can wait to meet Colton and I think Jeremy is getting pretty excited too. 


Thanks again to everyone for keeping us in your prayers and checking my blog. I appreciate all the support and feel the love! We will never be able to repay all our friends and family but please know we truly appreciate it!!! Thanks



post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. The dresser and quilt are very nice. Lovely in fact. The saphire hunting sounds very cool. Watch your salt intake and continue to drink plenty of water to help keep your hands from swelling. I feel the same way about button and slippers. lol Take it easy sweetie!

Anonymous said...

lol *zippers

Krista Hutton said...

Just wait for the hate of maternity clothes to start:) I remember thinking maternity pants were the best things ever invented when I was pregnant....by the end I was ready to burn them, lol. I hope you don't ever reach that point though. So glad to hear everything is going well!