Saturday, May 19, 2012

22 Weeks!

It's a nice day here in Great Falls, I have the windows open and enjoying the nice weather.  I figure I would do another blog update during the lunch break of the day. I was helping Jeremy do some of the light work chores around the house because I felt bad that his laundry list of things to do is getting so long. We are also going with another couple tonight to see What to Expect when Your Expecting. It should be pretty fun, another fact our due dates are only a couple days apart.  Honestly I LOVE movie theatre popcorn too. I feel like this could be  a win- win situation.

So what has been happening this week. Well as you know from my last post I had an Amnio done on Monday. It wasn't until we actually were driving to the Dr that I go nervous about the pain. I have to admit it wasn't that bad. Maybe this is a weird comparison but I think getting my ears pierced might have hurt more than that.  It was just a weird feeling I cannot describe to you. Anyways, after the procedure I basically went home and rested for the entire next day. Jeremy was so nice and went and picked up some movies for me to watch. So far I haven't had really any side affects. Then I had to wait 3 days to get preliminary results back.  Thats what was more agonizing. I was trying not to think about and just trust.  Well I got a phone call at work on Thursday and they had GOOD NEWS! That was the first thing our of the Nurses mouth. My stress level I think immediately dropped. The preliminary results (FISH results) came back normal. She also confined that we were in fact having a boy.  I feel like I can finally enjoy the rest of the pregnancy and not put any extra stress on Colton.  We will get the final results in a couple weeks. I don't have my next appt until June 1st, so I am just taking it easy until then.

Here is a picture from the last ultrasound right before the Amnio. 
He is weighing in at 1.1 Lbs. He is kind of on the big side. 


I didn't have the best day on Friday though. I am grateful for the people I work with and how nice they treat me and pick up my slack.  I literally almost passed out at work. I was just sitting at my desk and felt really hot and next thing you know the room started spinning. I quickly put down my head and grabbed a jolly rancher.  I stopped my self from actually passing out. My co-workers were nice enough to call Jeremy and have him take me home. I am hoping that was a one time thing and passes over. We will see.

Dusty hanging out with me on the couch on Friday. 
I called the Dr and stayed there all day like they told me too. 


While I was laying here watching movies all day friday Jeremy was keeping pretty busy. By the end of the day I just wanted to go do something but Jeremy kept me on strict orders to not leave the couch like the Dr said. So I didn't. Here is what he was up too.



He took the fence down, dug up all the grass and they filled it with almost 3.75 tons of rocks. This was all in one day. Then the gentleman we ordered the shed from came and delivered it. This will give us lots more room in the Garage and a place to store the mower and stuff. The trailer the guy had was probably the fanciest one I have ever seen. It was all run on remote control. So this weekend Jeremy is doing some landscaping around the building and planting some more of my favorite flowers, Dahlias.





How Far Along: 22 weeks (sorry no picture) 

Total Weight Gain: Still haven't told me but I am thinking around 10 lbs. 

Maternity Clothes: Still loving the Gap and might order some more soon. 

Sleep: Sleep like a rock

Best Moment this Week: Getting great test results. I would love a child no matter what, but this took a lot of stress away from an already very stressful pregnancy. 
Miss Anything: Lots but thats OK!

Movement: All the time!!! I am wondering if that mean he is going to be a busy-body and always active. 

Food Cravings: Cheese!  I love Watermelon too! 

Gender: Boy! 

Wedding rings on or off: Still on

Looking Forward To: Meeting Colton and see what the future brings. We are going to start going to some Baptism classes in the next few weeks and I am looking forward to that. I usually always look forward to every Dr Appt. We really like the Dr and she always makes it an enjoyable experience.  

I joke with Jeremy all the time that if we are ever blessed with another child that I might not know what to do if everything is going normal. I might be a very paranoid person. LOL. Oh well time will tell. Thanks again to all of our family and friends that have been such a great support and keeping us in their prayers. We feel extremely blessed!!! 

I will keep you all posted on what is going on...just check back everyone in a while. 
Thanks everyone for checking in...I really appreciate you taking the time!


post signature

4 comments:

Jessica said...

So grateful your test result came back well! We will continue praying. Looking forward to hearing more and soooo excited about Colton! Love you guys!!!

Amanda Foster said...

So glad for good test results. Having a big boy is not a bad thing but I suggest stocking up on the baby food. We can barely keep up with Callen. Gees! Also, if he's busy now he'll be even busier once he's here. I'm dreading Callen crawling and walking already. OMG!!! But seriously, we can hardly wait to meet Colton. It will be awesome!

ascopa28 said...

So happy that everything has been going so well! Preston was moving nonstop in the womb soooo I bet you are going to have a mover and a shaker! We need to get together now that I'm back!

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!! I knew everything was going to go great! Having a busy baby is so fun! There is never a dull moment :) We can't wait to meet Colton and see you guys!!!